What is transaction PIN in First Bank mobile app and how to get it
Transaction PIN is a four-digit code used in the First Bank mobile app to authenticate financial transactions. It is a unique code assigned to a user during account activation, and it helps to secure their online transactions. The Transaction PIN is an essential component of the First Bank mobile app, and it is used to confirm transactions carried out via the app, such as fund transfers, bill payments, and Airtime purchases.
The use of the Transaction PIN in the First Bank mobile app offers several benefits to users. Firstly, it helps to prevent unauthorized transactions, thereby ensuring that users’ funds are protected. This is because the Transaction PIN serves as an extra layer of security, in addition to the login credentials. Secondly, the Transaction PIN makes it possible for users to carry out transactions on the go. With the First Bank mobile app, users can perform transactions from anywhere and at any time, as long as they have a secure internet connection.
To use the Transaction PIN in the First Bank mobile app, users must first log in to their account. After logging in, they can initiate a transaction and enter their Transaction PIN to confirm it. It is essential to note that the Transaction PIN is unique to each user, and it should never be shared with anyone. This is because any person with access to the Transaction PIN can perform transactions from the user’s account, which could lead to the loss of funds.
In conclusion, the Transaction PIN in the First Bank mobile app is a crucial component of online banking security. It helps to protect users’ funds and makes it possible for them to carry out transactions on the go. As such, users are advised to keep their Transaction PIN confidential and never share it with anyone. By doing so, they can ensure that their funds are safe and secure while using the First Bank mobile app.
How can I get first bank transaction PIN?
To obtain your First Bank Transaction PIN, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the First Bank website: Visit the First Bank website and log in to your online banking account. If you do not have an online banking account, you will need to create one.
- Navigate to the “Security” section: Once you have logged in, navigate to the “Security” section of your account. This section will contain information about the security features of your account, including your Transaction PIN.
- Request for a Transaction PIN: If you do not already have a Transaction PIN, you can request one by clicking the “Request Transaction PIN” button. You will be prompted to provide some basic information, such as your phone number, to confirm your identity.
- Confirm your request: After you have submitted your request, you will receive a confirmation message indicating that your Transaction PIN has been sent to your registered phone number.
- Use your Transaction PIN: Once you have received your Transaction PIN, you can start using it to authenticate your transactions in the First Bank mobile app. It is essential to keep your Transaction PIN confidential and not to share it with anyone.
If you have any difficulties in obtaining your Transaction PIN, you can reach out to First Bank customer support for assistance. They will be able to guide you through the process and help you resolve any issues.
How do I change my transaction PIN?
To change your Transaction PIN in First Bank, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account: Log in to your First Bank online banking account or mobile app.
- Navigate to the Security section: Once you have logged in, navigate to the “Security” section of your account. This section will contain information about the security features of your account, including your Transaction PIN.
- Select the “Change Transaction PIN” option: In the Security section, select the option to change your Transaction PIN.
- Enter your current Transaction PIN: You will be prompted to enter your current Transaction PIN to verify your identity.
- Create a new Transaction PIN: After you have verified your identity, you will be able to create a new Transaction PIN. The new PIN must be a four-digit code that you have not used before.
- Confirm your new Transaction PIN: Once you have created a new Transaction PIN, you will be prompted to confirm it by entering it again.
- Save your changes: After confirming your new Transaction PIN, make sure to save your changes. Your new Transaction PIN will be activated immediately.
It is important to keep your Transaction PIN confidential and to change it regularly to ensure the security of your online transactions. If you have any difficulties changing your Transaction PIN, you can reach out to First Bank customer support for assistance.